Language: • Indonesia • EnglishThere are three special rifles in Karl May's stories. Those are:
Henry rifle is a special rifle owned by Old Shatterhand which can shoot twentyfive bullets without reloading, which was given by Mr. Henry himself when Old Shatterhand was about to leave for Africa.
The real Henry rifle was made by Benjamin Tyler Henry (1821–1898) as the first working prototype of lever action repeating rifle and patented in 1860. This rifle can load sixteen bullets of .44 calibre and was very popular in the American Civil War (1861–1865).
Bear Hunter RifleEdit
This heavy double barrel rifle was also given by Mr. Henry the first time to the Wild West as a surveyor for the railway company with Sam Hawkens because Old Shatterhand could aim and shoot weapon with ease. This rifle could kill a grizzly with just a single shot.
This rifle was owned by Winnetou and fashioned with silver nails. The rifle became Winnetou's characteristic and was taken by Old Shatterhand when Winnetou was killed.
- Henry Rifle Official Website
- Winnetou I: Kepala Suku Apache, by Karl May, published by Pustaka Primatama, 2003 (ISBN 979973760-5).
- Winnetou III: Winnetou Gugur, by Karl May, published by Pustaka Primatama, 2004 (ISBN 979973762-1).
- An article about American Civil War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_civil_war)
- Picture was taken from http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnetou